Sodium Bicarbonate, or commonly known as baking soda is a cheap and effective product. Besides making baked goods rise, it is also perfect for neutralizing acidic-induced odors and maintaining a neutral Ph. The uses of baking soda are countless. It is all because of its natural effect is to neutralize. Here are only some of the long list of baking soda uses.
Recipe for baking soda for medical use:
- 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar/ 2 tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ a teaspoon of baking soda
Mix the apple cider vinegar or the freshly squeezed lemon juice with the baking soda. Once the foam disappears, pour water over them and drink the solution right away.
Other uses of baking soda:
- Gently exfoliates the skin. This is a simple way to gently get rid of dead skin. It is highly recommended for people who undergo chemotherapy and radiation. You should add 2.5 kg of baking soda and 1.5 kg of salt in a hot tub and soak for a while.
- Relieves flu symptoms. Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water (this I one dose). On the first daytake one dose every two hours. On the second day, take 4 doses at an interval of 2 hours. On the third day, take one dose in the morning and one in the evening. On the fourth day, you should continue with taking two doses.
- Cures bladder (Urinary tract infection). Your baking soda mixture should contain 1 cup of cold water and 1 tsp of baking soda. Thoroughly mix the baking soda and water together. The first week take 6 glasses of the solution on a daily basis. The second week, drink it twice a day. The third week, you need to drink 2 glasses once a day. Do this for 3 weeks.
- Repels insect bites or sunburn. Apply a paste made of baking soda and water to insect bites to help relieve itching. Rinse well once it dries well.
- Treats nails. Three parts baking soda and one part of water should be mixed in order to create a scrub to exfoliate nails. Rub circularly in order to smooth the nail.
- Soothes your feet. Blend two tablespoons of baking soda in a basin of warm water. Put the feet in the mixture and this scrub will effectively exfoliate any rough patches on your feet.
- Cleans the machine. Put ½ cup of baking soda in the program of washing and rinsing.
- Removes pesticides from fruit and Add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda into a bowl of water.
- Neutralizes odors. Remove unpleasant smells from the trashcan by simply sprinkling some baking soda on the bottom of it. If your hand smell like onion rub them with a mixture of baking soda and water. And for the odors in the fridge put half a cup of baking soda.
- Cleans upholstered furniture and wallpaper. Spray a mixture of baking soda and water and let it work for 10 minutes.
Article source: www.healthyfoodresources.com