The liver is one of the body’s most vital organs and it is a toxin processor. It has a dual role, as a digestive organ and the main organ for detoxing. Even so, the liver isn’t repellent to toxicity itself. Most toxins reach our bloodstream when we swallow or inhale them and many of them pass through the liver. So, certain things, such as too much alcohol or processed foods can damage it. In extreme cases, when the liver is clogged up, the condition is called fatty liver. Then, the digestion is impeded and it can lead to serious health problems. Moreover, fatty liver can damage your heart and immune system and lead to rapid aging. All your hormones and any medications you take also are filtered through the liver.
Therefore, it is very important to eat healthy food, avoid alcohol and detox your liver from time to time. Doing so will not only help you improve digestion but it is also a wise investment to proactively prevent future chronic illness and serious life threatening disease.
Liver Detox Recipe
- One handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½- 1 cup of organic pure orange juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 liter of filtered water
- Raw honey
- Add mint to the boiling water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and add lemon rind.
- Remove from heat and wait until cool.
- Add orange and lemon juice as well as honey.
- Mix well and enjoy throughout the day.
Article source: www.non-stophealthy.com