Making your home, apartment, or office a positive place to spend time in, is sometimes as simple as making it smell good. However, that can be a pretty challenging task. The commercial air fresheners only provide a temporary solution. Moreover, they are full of chemicals.
Chemicals can be found in almost every air freshener. Phthalates are just one example of those chemicals. Phthalates are substances that are added to plastics in order to increase their flexibility, durability, and longevity. Phthalates are dangerous because they can cause allergic reactions and even asthma attacks. Additionally, most of the air fresheners contain a high amount of volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde, which can cause severe damage to the respiratory tract, skin, and eyes and increase the risk of leukemia, dementia, and reproductive disorders.
So, if you are tired of using chemical air fresheners and spending money on ineffective solutions, you might want to try this DIY homemade odor suppressing air freshener.
This air freshener has no fabric softener and provides a lasting and refreshing smell.
Homemade Room Air Freshener
- Essential oils of your choice (10-20 drops)
- 1 clean spray bottle
- 1 tbsp. of baking soda
- 500 ml of distilled water
- A medium sized glass or stainless steel bowl
- A funnel
- In a bowl, pour the essential oil, add the baking soda and mix them with a fork.
- Use the funnel to transfer the mix to the spray bottle. Then fill the bottle to the top with water.
- Keep the mixture in dark, cool place. Keep in mind that you should shake it before every use.
You can spray the mixture on furniture, linens or in the air and enjoy the refreshing smell.
Article source: www.besthealthyguide.com