Cold and flu season brings on hacking coughs that are extremely irritating and disliked disease and can leave your chest muscles aching. Cough and cold are minor ailments, but they can be terribly uncomfortable.
Most of the time, the persistent cough is bearable during the day. At nighttime, the situation is not manageable. Therefore, many people reach for cough syrup to get relief. However, these medications only mask the symptoms and can come with side effects, some merely annoying and some downright dangerous.
Fortunately, there are natural solutions that do not have any side effects. The most powerful solution for cough is considered to be the honey wrap.
Honey contains antibacterial properties and it is a rich demulcent, with a high viscosity and stickiness. These properties provide soothing effects for the irritated mucous membranes. The honey wrap has great anti-inflammatory and warming properties and it is an effective way of eliminating a bad phlegmy cough.
- Organic honey
- Coconut oil
- Medical adhesive tape
- A napkin
- Cut out a piece of gauze bandage a few inches square and set aside.
- Mix the honey with the flour, adding as much flour as needed to create a mixture that does not stick to your hands.
- Add coconut oil to the mixture and blend it in well.
- Stick the mixture onto the gauze bandage you have prepared, and then place the bandage over the chest or on the back.
- Secure it firmly with medical tape.
For children, the wrap should be left on for 2-3 hours, while adults may wear the wrap overnight and remove it in the morning. Significant improvements will be noticed after the first treatment. However, this is a safe and natural remedy that can be used as long as needed.
Article source: www.besthealthyguide.com