Raisin water is a simple natural remedy and an excellent addition to the diet. Raisins are a natural source of vitamins and minerals, but those benefits are increased tremendously if you consume the water that they are soaked in. In this way the sugar content is reduced.
Raisin Water Benefits
The benefits of raisin water are numerous, such as:
- Improve digestion
- Eliminate bad cholesterol
- Lower triglyceride levels
- Prevent constipation
- Help detox the body
Moreover, raisin water is amazing in promoting good liver health. It stimulates particular biochemical processes in the liver that help it detox your bloodstream more effectively.
Practicing this treatment for four days will provide long term benefits for your digestion. Raisin water is a natural source of antioxidants. Therefore, it removes toxins that accumulate in your body.
Raisin Water Recipe
- 2 cups of water (400 ml)
- 150 grams of raisins
- You should choose the raisins carefully. Search for raisins that are darker in color, and neither too hard or soft. Choose whole raisins, and make sure they’re also clean.
- Wash the raisins and set them aside.
- Boil two cups of water.
- Add the raisins and allow them to simmer for 20 minutes. Let the raisins soak in this water overnight.
The next morning, just strain off the water from the raisins and heat some of that delicious water back up. You can drink it warm or hot, however you like. Drink one cup on an empty stomach. Then wait 30 to 35 minutes before eating breakfast.
Drink this water for a whole week. You can use this treatment once a month, and it has no side effects. Moreover, try to avoid alcohol and fatty acids when drinking the raisin water.
Article source: www.healthylifebyte.com