Grapefruit is rich in vitamins A, B complex, C, E and K; it is high in Calcium, Folate, Phosphorus and Potassium. Moreover, grapefruit juice is safe and beneficial for diabetics and those who are predisposed. It also contains a fat-burning enzyme, so it is also good for those trying to lose weight. Some of its benefits are:
- Decreases the risk of obesity
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Regulates blood pressure
- Regulates digestion
- Fights constipation
- Prevents asthma
- Hydrates the body
- Treats skin problems
Honey is a good source of antioxidants and antibacterial properties. Some of its benefits are:
- Eliminates free radicals from the body
- Heals wound and ulcers
- Protects and rejuvenates the skin
- Prevents cardiovascular disease
When grapefruit and honey are combined, we get a magical drink which helps weight loss.
However, that’s not all. This magic drink will boost your immune system and enhance your beauty. Moreover, it will help heal hypertension and cardiovascular diseases.
Magic Drink for Fast Weight Loss
- 1 ripe grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Slice a chilled grapefruit into two and remove the pulp.
- Blend the pulp with honey.
Take this drink only after eating lunch. This will enable this drink to burn up to 50% of the calorie intake at that meal.
This mixture contains:
- Pectin: Stimulates excretion of excess cholesterol from the body. Regulates insulin levels in the blood and controls metabolism.
- Lycopene: It is important in fighting toxins and other harmful substances in the body.
Note: DO NOT consume grapefruit with some medications and certain anti-depressants like for example, these psychiatric drugs: triazolam (Halcion), buspirone (BuSpar), diazepam (Valium), carbamazepine (Tegretol), sertraline (Zoloft), midazolam (Versed).
Article source: www.healthyfoodhouse.com