Ginger is a powerful herb which once made into a tea is a true blessing. Ginger is known for its high levels of vitamin C and magnesium, which make them extremely beneficial for the health.
A good ginger tea requires only a fresh ginger and filtered water. Additionally, you can improve the taste by adding honey in it, as well a splash of fresh lemon juice.
It is recommended to grate the ginger because like that it releases more aroma and flavor than when sliced.
Here’s why you should have this soothing beverage.
Ginger Tea Benefits
- Ginger tea is a very effective remedy for headaches, flu, common cold and even sore muscles.
- Ginger tea strengthens the immune system. It contains great amounts of antioxidants that boosts immunity and helps fight off infections.
- Ginger tea break down fat deposits that block arteries and prevents stroke.
- Ginger tea improves blood circulation.
- Ginger tea helps common colds, cold sores, and influenza.
Ginger Tea Recipe
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- A cup of water
Boil the water. Add ginger and turmeric to it. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add milk. Strain the tea. You can also add any other flavor you like.
Note: If you wish to omit the coconut milk and the water, simply substitute with 2 cups whole milk.
If you cannot find fresh turmeric, substitute 2 teaspoons organic powdered turmeric.
Article source: www.healthyfoodhouse.com