We are all aware of the countless number of benefits that lemons provide. They are rich in vitamin C which can help various health problems, such as cold and flu, and even more serious health issues, as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover inflammation is reduced due to the vitamin C.
Moreover, lemons contain flavonoids, which have antioxidant and anticancer properties.
Therefore, we decided to present you a method of using only one seed to grow lemons at home. Why not having lemons at hand, anytime you need them?
You will need:
- 1 lemon
- Soil of good quality
- A proper container or pot
- Breathable plastic film
- A sunny area
- Put potting soil and mix it with water in a bucket.
- Transfer the soil into the container and leave an inch of space below its rim.
- Cut the lemon and find a seed in good shape.
- Make a hole in the soil (about half an inch) and place the seed. The seed must be moist when planted.
- Water the seed gently and cover it with the breathable plastic.
Keep it moist and warm in an area where the sunlight shines. Take care of the plant for about a week or two and take care of it. When it starts sprouting, take off the plastic cover. Then, move the plant to an area where the sunlight is directly on it.
- Maintain the soil moist, especially when the plant is young.
- Make sure the container drainage holes at its bottom.
- Keep the plant exposed to direct sunlight at least 8 hours a day.
- Use fertilizer.
- When the tree gets bigger, you can transplant it to a bigger container.
Article source: www.healthyandnaturalhouse.com