The skin, as the largest organ of our body, regenerates itself through a natural process. The old skin cells die and new ones are formed instead. However, when the dead cells are not removed, our skin loses its natural shine.
Moreover, the dead cells deposit on our skin and make it look unhealthy. Therefore, exfoliating the skin is crucial for its health and shine. Exfoliating the skin will not only give you younger and glowing skin, but it will also improve the circulation. Natural remedies are safe and effective for dead skin cells.
We present you 5 ways how to clean the dead cells deposited on your skin. All of these remedies are all-natural and homemade products.
Almonds are rich in vitamins A and E, and contain anti-oxidant properties. This product will help you maintain your skin healthy.
- 10 almonds
- 2 tsp of honey
- Milk or water
- Soak the almond in either milk or water and leave them overnight.
- Next morning, remove the skin and grind the almonds into a granular paste.
- Add the honey, mix and apply this paste on your face and neck.
- After 10-15 minutes, when it dries, you can rinse it with lukewarm water.
2. Olive oil
When olive oil is mixed with sugar we get a very powerful combination for a great scrub. Sugar removes the dead cells and oIive oil moisturizes the skin.
- Half cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- A little lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients well and add a little lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and rub it around using circular motions for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water, then pat dry gently.
Use this sugar scrub once or twice a week.
3. Gram flour
Gram flour, or besan, helps remove dead skin cell and makes the skin glow. Additionally, it removes excess oil from your skin and prevents problems like acne, pimples and blackheads.
- 2 tbsp of gram flour
- A few tbsp of rose water
- Mix the ingredients in the ratio of 2:5 and make a paste.
- Apply it on the skin and leave it to dry completely.
- Then, scrub it off with your wet fingers and rinse your face.
- 2 tbsp of gram flour
- 2 tbsp of plain yogurt
- 1 tsp of turmeric (optional)
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Put the mixture on your face and neck and let it dry.
- Rinse it off.
Use either of these methods once or twice a week.
4. Pumice stone
In order to exfoliate your feet, a warm water soak followed by scrubbing the softened area with a pumice stone is the best option. You’ll get soft feet and prevent cracked feet.
- Pour warm water along with a few drops of mild liquid soap into a foot tub.
- Soak your feet in it for at least 15 minutes.
- Scrub the skin with a pumice stone using circular motions for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off your feet with clean water.
You can apply olive or coconut oil after this treatment. You can repeat this once a week.
5. Dry brushing
Dry brushing will remove the dead cells, clean the pores and improve the texture of the skin.
Brush your feet with a brush for 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse with warm water. Apply moisturizer.
Repeat this treatment three times a week.
Article source: www.greenyatra.in