Turmeric, or Curcuma longa, is a spice dating from 2,000 BC. As part of the ginger family, turmeric is one of the most widely used spices in culinary traditions all around the world and for health purposes.
The phytochemicals that give turmeric its most impressive and wide-ranging health benefits are curcuminoids. The curcumin in the most important curcuminoid and it gives the yellowish color to turmeric.
This spice has a high antioxidant value and it is far better than most conventional drugs. Turmeric is believed to fight severe inflammation and free radicals, rejuvenate the cells and boost the mood. However, these are only some of its health benefits. Continue reading this article so you will see its benefits and learn a recipe to prepare turmeric supplements at home.
The Health Benefits of Turmeric
- It is a natural anti-depressant
- Heals wounds
- Improves the brain function
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke
- Eases joint pain and muscular discomfort
- Relieves symptoms of indigestion and heartburn
- Relieves stiff joints
- Reduces the cholesterol levels
- Prevents cancer
- It is a potent antioxidant
In order to gain all the benefits from turmeric, here’s an amazing recipe to prepare turmeric supplements at home.
Turmeric Supplements Recipe
- 1/3 cup of organic, grounded turmeric.
- Large pinch of ground black peppercorn (raises the bioavailability of curcumin by 150%)
- 3 tablespoons of raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Keep in mind that you need to use coconut oil in liquid form. You will get a paste.
- Then, form small balls from the paste.
- Freeze the balls for 1 hour.
- Keep the balls in a clean glass container and refrigerate them.
Consume 2-3 balls daily.
- In case you suffer from gallbladder problems, avoid taking turmeric.
- If you deal with low blood pressure or diabetes, consult the doctor before consuming turmeric.
Article source: www.dailyhealthpost.com